SPA Hotel Medicus has a Finnish and Infrared saunas.
Saunas are still one of the places that you can use to relax and increase your overall health.
Benefits of saunas:
– provide a range of therapeutic effects – both temporary and permanent:
– improve the tone and vitality of the body;
– skin is released from old cells, saunas improve its relief: smooth wrinkles, stop development of skin problems like dandruff, acne, enlarged pores
– strengthen the Immune system;
– sweating accelerates the excretion of toxins from the body, which improves the functionality of the kidneys and liver;
– support the treatment of cardiovascular problems;
– reduce blood pressure;
– reduce chronic pain more effectively than any other traditional treatment;
– reduce levels of the stress hormone adrenaline and increase those of endorphins ( the happiness hormone) in the body. Finnish and Infrared saunas burn calories and assist weight loss.
– before using the sauna take a shower and dry well, put on dry swimsuit
– time for staying in the sauna depends on the current state of the autonomic nervous system. It may last from 8 to 15 min (when you feel that you have reached the limit of strong pleasant warming and you need cooling).
– after exiting the sauna breathe calmly and take a cool shower
– more trained people can use contrast shower that we have in our sauna park, next to the sauna 2 to 5 minutes
– use the sauna 2 hours after meal, never hungry, always enter saunas with dry skin.
– you can do warm bath to your legs, then, rest about 15 min. and you can repeat the procedure
– do not exercise after using the saunas
– do not overdo the length of your stay and the number of procedures (not more than three times). Longer stay may lead to agitation, sleep disturbances and irritability
– do not be afraid to go out in the cold right after the sauna
The Infrared sauna
The heat makes us feel good, helps us get healthy. Treatment based on natural infrared radiation is traditional in China since 3000 years. As per their ancient beliefs, heat purifies the body like fire.
In 1997. Nobel Prize for Medicine was awarded for thermotherapy in an infrared sauna, achieving remarkable success in the treatment of infectious and chronic joint diseases.
The infrared heat is a form of radiant energy that passes through the skin due to its specific wavelength. It has nothing to do with ultraviolet light, which damages your skin. The heat from the infrared sauna is dry. It penetrates into the human body to a depth of 2 to 10 mm. Skin, connective tissue and subcutaneous fat, muscles, tendons are the bodies first warming under the influence of infrared light.
The infrared sauna can be combined with a steam sauna.
Sessions in infrared cabins are a great way to avoid the consequences of stress, strengthen health and to take care of your looks. This is a whole health center, which will allow you save on future visits to the doctor and cosmetologist.